Featured Flower - Gerbera Daisy

Featured Flower - Gerbera Daisy
Fabulous long lasting cut flowers. Grow them in a pot outdoors in summer and bring it in for flowers all winter long.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shop-a-holic

It is a really bad idea to browse my Lois Hole's Favorite Bedding Plants book and then go shopping. Either one on its own is fine, but combine desire with opportunity, and I come home with more seeds. I mean, who can leave a package of beautiful scarlet flax seeds just sitting on the shelf?

I was actually looking for annuals that had large blooms, and was on the hunt for something called Octopus Dahlias, which are supposed to have beautiful large flowers. No luck, but I did find Powder Puff Asters.


Left my list at home, and totally forgot what I wanted most - Salpiglosis. The name is not pretty, but these hardy plants rival any fancy petunia. The multicolour blooms last a long time and there is really nothing else like them. Also known as Painted Tongue. They take quite a while to get to a decent size for transplanting, and I keep forgetting to pick up seed.

Meanwhile, I am hoping that our test to see if we can keep the greenhouse warm enough overnight is successful so I can get some stuff out of the house. Today I had to transplant dahlias and gerberas and tomatoes, and it is getting hard to find enough spaces with sunshine for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

If you would like me to reserve something for you, or have a question or comment, click to send me an email.