Featured Flower - Gerbera Daisy

Featured Flower - Gerbera Daisy
Fabulous long lasting cut flowers. Grow them in a pot outdoors in summer and bring it in for flowers all winter long.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Calibrachoa

What a glorious day! It got to 90 F in the greenhouse today, so Ryan and I spent some time cleaning it out. I now have room to put 26 flats of plants in there without them being too close to the walls. That's important, because when the temperature drops at night, the ones too close to the walls can get frozen.

Unfortunately, I already have 28 flats in the house. And many to be transplanted from little containers into bigger ones.

Some of the calibrachoa are blooming now, and the marigolds and alyssum are close. I have some thunbergia (black-eyed Susan vine) I am keeping for a friend, and one has bloomed. Such a hopeful time of year to see things start to colour. I also have an amaryllis that blooms off and on for me - and look at it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact me

If you would like me to reserve something for you, or have a question or comment, click to send me an email.